Sunday, January 08, 2012

CES 2012: What's in our bags for the year's biggest gadget show - latimes.com

The annual pilgrimage to Las Vegas for the Consumer Electronics Show has begun. Team LAT is getting into place, and our coverage has started.

I'm still en route.This year, instead of flying as I usually do, I'm road tripping it. In fact, I'm cruising along Interstate 15 as I type -- riding, not driving. And I'm traveling a little lighter than in years past. My bag is smaller, so are my computer and camera. But they're all more powerful.

The bag is as much a part of the story as what's in it. I'll be checking whether it's more than just a pretty purple package. I got this raspberry-colored Powerbag for Christmas. (My family knows I have power issues -- I mean with all of my devices.) So I plan to put it through its paces, charging its contents during CES.

Although I believe in redundancy, since technology can and does fail on you when you most need it, I'm carrying only one laptop this CES. That's mostly because I can file text, photos and video from my phone more easily than in years past if I need to. (I'm writing this on my iPhone on the ride into Las Vegas from Los Angeles.)

CES 2012: What's in our bags for the year's biggest gadget show - latimes.com

No comments: